- Video: CAIR-MI Asks Feds to Investigate Closing of Muslims' Bank AccountsA Muslim civil rights organization has asked the U.S. Treasury Department to investigate JPMorgan Chase & Co. for closing bank accounts of U.S. Arabs and Muslims.
- CAIR-MI: Important Lawsuit Alleging Discrimination Against Muslims Moves Forward
- CAIR-MN Launches New Community Safety Training for Mosques
- CAIR Responds to False Claims by Congressman Pompeo
- Action Alert: Tell Congress that Immigration Reform Should Ban All Forms of Profiling
- Fox Host Tells Anti-Islam Leader 'We've Got Your Back'
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CAIR Asks Florida Atlantic University to Drop Anti-Muslim Advisor
(SOUTH FLORIDA, 6/13/13) – The South Florida chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-SFL) today called on Florida Atlantic University (FAU) to drop an advisor who has expressed and supported extremist anti-Muslim views online.
Roxanna Trinka, who is director of the Research Park at FAU and an advisor to the College of Engineering, posted and re-posted a number of Islamophobic messages on Facebook, including a "joke" about a future in which Muslims do not exist.
Other online comments included, "[Islam is a religion of] Piece-full, heads here, hands there, legs here," and "We can't CO-EXIST with people that want to kill us. . .we are all infidels in their eyes." She also promoted the bizarre Islamophobic conspiracy theory that "Sharia Law" will soon take over America.
"Roxanna Trinka's bigoted and extremist views, coupled with her involvement with FAU, certainly raise concerns with the South Florida Muslim community," said CAIR-SFL Executive Director Nezar Hamze. "This type of bigotry has the potential to create a hostile learning environment for Muslim students and damages the university's image and creditability."
"It is for that reason that the university should disassociate itself from Ms. Trinka and her extremist and intolerant views," said Hamze.
He said this issue comes up as a Florida Dunkin' Donuts employee faced a bigoted tirade from a customer who called him a "little f----- sand n-----."
CAIR is America's largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding