- Verse of the Day: Forgive Others
"The blameworthy are those who oppress their fellow men and conduct themselves with wickedness and injustice in the land. . .Those who endure with fortitude and forgive others surely exhibit courage in conducting their affairs." Holy Quran, 42:42-43
- CAIR-PA: Are Grand Juries Being Used for Non-Criminal Intelligence Gathering?
The question, as CAIR-Philadelphia sees it, is whether its clients are being served with federal grand jury subpoenas solely for the purpose of conducting non-criminal intelligence-gathering investigations. If such a practice is taking place, then that practice would constitute the type of "backdoor expansion of grand juries" the ABA warned against in the immediate aftermath of 9/11.
- CAIR-SFBA Offers Safety Recommendations After Assault on Muslim Woman
CAIR-SFBA has received a disturbing report from Antioch, Calif., about an attack on a Muslim woman who wears a headscarf and South Asian attire. The woman was walking in a public area during daylight hours when an assailant reportedly suffering from mental delusions punched her and stabbed her multiple times.
- CAIR: The Perils of Travelling While Muslim
"CAIR has offices in several border states -- Seattle, Michigan, New York -- and for years we've gathered stories of Muslims getting pulled out of cars at gunpoint and subjected to intrusive questioning about their religion," said Gadeir Abbas, an attorney with CAIR's Washington, DC, office.
- Video: CAIR Seeks DOJ Review of FBI's Shooting of Muslim in Florida (PBS)
- CAIR: FBI Shooting in Orlando Remains Shrouded in Secrecy (Boston Globe)
- The FBI Changes Its Story (Again) on Shooting
- CAIR-FL: Chechen Lunged at Agent with Stick, Officials Say (Wash. Post)
- CAIR: US Muslim Sues FBI for Torture
- NY: Weiner Calls Peter King's Hearings on Islam 'Shameful'
Weiner said, "I have to say Peter King for one has precious little to say on the subject given the shameful way he's targeted people in one particular religion at his hearings."
- Russell Brand: Don't blame Muslims
- American Muslims Discovering Politics (OC Register)
- EEOC: Trucking Company Wrongfully Terminated Two Muslim Employees
- Muslim College Carves Niche in USA (USA Today)