- CAIR: Tenn. Muslims Vow to Keep Talking After Shout-Down (NPR)
Ibrahim Hooper with the Council on American-Islamic Relations says the mood felt a bit like people should be carrying "pitchforks and torches." "Whenever you have hate crimes being applauded by an audience, you've got to wonder what's happening there," he says.
- Commentary: Anti-Muslim Hate Comes to Manchester, Tennessee
As a representative of the Muslim community who was participating in the forum, the words of hate that I heard spoken on this day are something that I will not forget for a long time.
- TN: Muslim Group Says Coffee County Meeting was 'Hijacked'
- Freedom of Speech Under Attack by Islamophobes in Tennessee
- Islamic Law Bans Often Dismissed as a Joke, But Story Isn't Going AwayThese amused and amusing reactions are understandable given the absurdity of the notion that "creeping Sharia,"--the alarmist term sometimes used by advocates of these bills--is poised to overwhelm the Midwest. But they understate the seriousness and persistence of the movement behind such legislation, and its potential effects on American Muslims and non-Muslims alike. (Read more)
- Islamophobia Watch Video: Fla. Anti-Islam Activists Mock Jummah Prayers, Islam
- CAIR: UK Mosques Urged to Install Panic Alarms, Safe Rooms (Guardian)
Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesman for CAIR, said: "From the outside it definitely seems UK mosques are more at risk than anywhere, including the States. There have been a number of recent incidents targeting UK mosques, groups like the English Defence League marching on mosques and a spike in violent right-wing groups."
- CAIR Offers Online Version of Mosque Security GuidelinesCAIR Community leaders may request a free copy of CAIR's "Best Practices for Mosque and Community Safety," by going to: http://www.cair.com/mosque-safety-guide.html
- CAIR: It's Time to Tell Our Nation's Leaders to Stop Spying on Calls, Emails
- CAIR-CT: Open Forum on Islam
- CA: Airport's Garage Now Muslim House of Worship
- Muslim Nominated as University of California Student Regent