- Verse of the Day: Isra and Miraj
"Glorified be He (God) who took His servant (Muhammad) for a journey by night from al-Masjid al-Haram (in Mecca) to al-Masjid al-Aqsa (in Jerusalem), whose precincts we have blessed ... " The Holy Quran, 17:1 ("Masjid" is the Arabic word for "mosque.") Masjid Al-Aqsa and the Dome of the Rock are located on "Haram Al-Shareef," or the "noble enclosure" in Jerusalem's Old City. The night journey referred to in this verse is that of the Prophet Muhammad from Mecca to Jerusalem, and from the rock now located in the Dome of the Rock, to heaven. This event, known as "al-Isra wa al-Miraj," is noted each year by more than 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide.
- CAIR-MI: FBI Tight-Lipped on Todashev Shooting (Boston Globe)
"I want to know what their hesitation is," said Dawud Walid, executive director of the CAIR-MI. "If he was doing some sort of threatening act, then tell the public what it was. You just can't shoot citizens or legal residents and say, 'Oh, we killed him, but we're not going to tell you why.'"
- CAIR-FL Letter to DOJ Requesting Investigation of Todashev Shooting
- CAIR-MI: Changing Native American Mascots Would Be Positive Step (Det. News)
The U.S. Department of Education's (DOE) decision to affirm the right of public schools to have offensive Native American mascots sends the wrong message to children, who should be learning about ethnic sensitivity.
- CAIR-OH: Centennial Barn Wins I-CAIR Award (Cincinnati Enquirer)
Centennial Barn helped plan and facilitate a Muslim-Christian dialogue series and hosted an Interfaith Iftar dinner, the meal that traditionally breaks the fast during Ramadan. "We are humbled and honored to receive this award. It was a privilege to work with CAIR," said Meyer.
- CAIR: Police Investigate Texas Mosque Paintballing
- CAIR Applauds Feds for Appearance at Muslim Forum (Murfreesboro Post)
- Video: Anti-Islam Hate Targets Feds at TN Muslim Civil Rights Meeting
- 'Islamophobes' Disrupt Forum on Tolerance (Aljazeera)
- Video: Muslim Group's Forum Disrupted by Heckling (USA Today)
- Anti-Muslim Bigots Bring Shame to the South (Times Free Press)
- Video: CAIR-WA Comments on Sgt. Robert Bales Afghanistan Massacre Case