- Video: Last Week's CAIR News Update
- CAIR: One in Three Republicans Say President is Muslim (ABC)
"Unfortunately there has been a development of a bizarre echo chamber within the right wing of the political spectrum that truth and reality have failed to penetrate," said Ibrahim Hooper, communications director at [CAIR], a Washington-based Muslim civil rights and advocacy group. "It's a self-perpetuating, self-reinforcing delusion."
- Think Obama's a Muslim? Then You're Too Stupid to Vote (LA Times)
- Islamophobia Watch: "15% Of Islam Is A Religion, 85% Political"
Republican Lou Ann Zelenik is challenging incumbent republican Diane Black in the sixth congressional district. When asked if she believed if Islam was a real religion, Zelenick said she believed it to be mostly political.
- Jack Cowan: Sharia Tops List of Things That Won't Happen
- CAIR's Oklahoma Chapter Expands Staff to 4 (Tulsa World)
CAIR-OK has increased its staff to four, making it one of the most active CAIR chapters in the nation.
- CAIR-CA: Bay Area Ramadan Open Houses Begin
- CAIR-MI Questions Prosecutor's Actions in Dog Attack Case
The Arab-American Civil Rights League (ACRL) along with [CAIR-MI] held a press conference to discuss a severe case involving an elderly Arab woman who was viciously mauled by a neighbor's dog.
- CAIR-San Antonio: Hate Crimes in the Alamo City
If there is a hate crime against Muslims in San Antonio, Sarwat Husain has probably heard about it. This Pakistani immigrant . . .has become the face of the city's Muslim community. She formed the local chapter of [CAIR]. She says she gets frantic calls of threats and attacks on a weekly basis.
- Video: CAIR-FL Asks FDLE to Drop Anti-Muslim Trainer
- TN: Church, Mosque Plan to Build Park Together (Commercial Appeal)
- A Muslim Republican in Paris (Texas) With National Ambitions (NY Times)
- NYPD to Launch All-Seeing System to Track Crime (AP)
The NYPD has been under fire for surveillance of Muslim communities and partnering with the CIA to track potential terror suspects. Muslim groups have sued to shut down the NYPD programs.