- adith of the Day: A Sincere Fast
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Whoever does not give up false statements, evil deeds and speaking (harshly) to others, God is not in need of his giving up food and drink." (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Hadith 83)
- Roils Tenn. GOP Primary (Politico)
Tennessee multimillionaire Andy Miller has been warning for years about the lurking threat he says Sharia law poses to America. But this summer, his anti-Islam campaign has become the main act of a riveting Middle Tennessee congressional race, as Miller has pumped hundreds of thousands of dollars into a pair of super PACs aiming to take out GOP freshman Rep. Diane Black in her Thursday primary.
- When the Caliphate Comes, Lou Ann Zelenik Will Be ReadySince losing to Black in 2010, Zelenik has ratcheted up the anti-Islam rhetoric that defined her first campaign.
- Tenn. Candidate: No Evidence Muslim Hired for Sharia Compliance
A candidate in the Republican primary for state Senate made strong charges aimed at the state's economic development department, saying that it had hired a woman specializing in Sharia law in order to make the department Sharia compliant. But even Degan admits he has no evidence.
- CAIR: Fla. Law Enforcement Under Scrutiny for Anti-Islam Trainer
Sam Kharoba fancies himself an "expert" on terrorism. The Jordanian-born Kharoba, a Christian, believes the founder of Islam, the Prophet Muhammad, is a "pedophile, a serial killer, a rapist." And he's teaching the police officers of Florida, where he is based, these claims in courses on Islam and terrorism.
- Why a Dallas Pastor Is Observing Ramadan
United Methodist Rev. Wess Magruder has not only decided to observe the Ramadan fast this year with his Muslim friends, blog about his experience, but break his fast with Muslims as well.