- CAIR: Punished for Refusing to Disrespect Jesus
[CAIR] was among an array of religion-affiliated organizations that defended Rotella, a devout Mormon. "We love and revere Jesus," said Ibrahim Hooper, national communications director for CAIR. "No Muslim would step on Jesus. If the professor demands it, the proper response for a Muslim is: ‘No, and I'm about to call my lawyer.'" CAIR's communication manager, Amina Rubin, said Rotella's ordeal was a "shocking example of harassment and discrimination."
- CAIR-SFBA Partners with Japanese American CommunityThe Japanese American Citizens League (JACL), in collaboration with the San Francisco Bay Area Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) and the Tule Lake Committee, will be sponsoring a program whose goal is to bridge communities and build partnerships of understanding.
- CAIR Blog: First Sink-Gate, Now Hug-Gate
A controversy erupted in the Tennessee State Capitol. Apparently, multiple state law makers were concerned about the possible nefarious uses of a new floor level sink in a men's restroom. They were worried that it might be used by American Muslims as a place to wash their feet before praying.
- CAIR-Chicago: Lawyer Delighted By Ruling Allowing Islamic Center to Open (CBS)
A lawyer for Chicago's Council on American-Islamic Relations says he is delighted with a ruling by a federal judge – which sides with a suburban Islamic religious center's right to open – and goes against DuPage County.
- VA: Jewish-Muslim Passover Seder Commemoration