- Hispanics Find Home in Islam (PRI)
A growing community of Hispanic American immigrants, as well as Hispanics in their home country, are choosing to convert from their predominantly Christian religions to Islam. It's especially common for women.
- CAIR: 'Islamist' is a Stealth Slur (Daily Kos)
A word like Islamist doesn't just exist to simply define a group of people who warp politics through the veil of religious dogma, the word exists as a stealth slur. It is exists as a piece of coded language.
- Former Islamic Society President Turns Focus to CAIR-MD
The group tackles issues like discrimination in the workplace, at school or by law enforcement, he said. They also try to educate people about their rights and about Islam and the tenets of the faith, a subject of apparently endless confusion. "I think it's a wonderful organization," he said. "We don't shy away from controversial topics; that's what I really admire about CAIR."
- MO: Jewish, Muslim Volunteers End Week by Sharing Worship Services
- Muslim Charity Group Teams With FEMA to Help Sandy Victims
- LA: Alexandria's Islamic Community Begins Outreach with Blood Drive
- AL: Muslim Doctors Give Back to Community 'Regardless of Faith'
- NY: Eviction Order Places Pressure on Masjid Aqsa Mosque
- TX: Islamic Treasures Unveiled at MFAH
- CA: Muslim Clothing Companies Flourishing in Southland
- Israel's Racist Football Team in Uproar Over Hiring of Muslim Players