- Hadith of the Day: Righteousness is a Traveler's Best Provision
A man once approached the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and said: "I am intending to go out on a journey, please (offer a prayer for me)." The Prophet replied: "May God grant you the provision of righteousness. . .And may He make it easy for you to do virtuous deeds, wherever you may be." Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 235
- CAIR Director Named One of World's '500 Most Influential Muslims'
Nihad Awad is the co-founder and Executive Director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR). CAIR is the most prominent Muslim lobby group in the US and is frequently sought out by the media and politicians for the Islamic perspective on events.
- CAIR-NJ Questions Blanket Police Surveillance Not Tied to Specific Terror Threat
The potential for blanket monitoring, rather than surveillance pegged to a specific terrorist threat or suspect, is where the line blurs between national security and invasion of privacy, said Ahmed Alshehab of the Council on American Islamic Relations' New Jersey chapter. "That's the slippery slope," Alshehab said. "Where do you stop? It's pretty much open season on anybody."
- CAIR-MI: The Problem with Voter ID Laws
It is our responsibility as a nation to continue to serve as a model for a political system based on common and equal citizenship, as a model for democracy.
- CAIR: Muslim Wishes for a Peaceful Thanksgiving (Orlando Sentinel)
- CAIR: Muslims Have Long Condemned Terrorism
The leading Muslim civil-rights group, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, has put out a number of statements condemning terrorism and individual terrorist acts.
- Video: CAIR Rep Comments on Gaza Ceasefire (NBC)
- CAIR-CAN: Jewish School Faces Complaints About Anti-Muslim Textbook