Wednesday, November 21, 2012


Thanksgiving Message from Nihad Awad
Click here to watch the video online.
As-salaamu alaykum. Peace be to you.
Thanksgiving is a time when everyone counts their blessings and offers thanks for friends and family, even in difficult circumstances. Muslim volunteers nationwide are marking this year's Thanksgiving by helping to feed the hungry and homeless, and by giving aid and comfort to those most in need.
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The first to be summoned to paradise on the Day of Resurrection will be those who praise God in prosperity and adversity."
The Quran, Islam's revealed text, urges us to offer the prayer: "My Lord! Grant me the grace that I may thank you for the favors that You have bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may do good deeds that will please You."
So this year, despite a weak economy and other domestic and international troubles, let us all count our blessings and demonstrate true thankfulness by sharing whatever we have with those in need in our nation and by assisting those suffering oppression worldwide. Peace be to you.



No comments: