- Register for CAIR's Sept. 29 Banquet with Rev. Al Sharpton
- CAIR-MI Joins Call for Border Patrol Probe (Detroit News)
Dawud Walid, the executive director of CAIR-Michigan, said his office has filed a lawsuit against the federal government after getting dozens of complaints about stops of local Muslims and others.
- CAIR Says Resolution Stifles Discussion on Calif. Campuses
CAIR, along with nine community, legal, and student organizations, sent a letter to lawmakers in that state about House Resolution 35, which passed in the California Assembly yesterday, because it stifles robust political debate on university campuses.
- The GOP Has a Muslim Problem (CNN)
The Republican Party should be applauded for including so many faiths, especially the Sikhs, who number about 200,000 Americans and whose community was targeted by a hate-filled gunman who killed six people in a place of worship. But excluding Muslims sends a message that American Muslims are not part of the fabric of this country. That is wrong.
- CAIR-AZ: GOP Candidate Blasted for 'Middle Easterners' Remark
In a statement, Imraan Siddiqi, a board member of CAIR-AZ, called the candidate’s remarks “un-American” and are “an insult to the millions of Americans of Middle Eastern heritage who have contributed so much to this great nation.”
- CAIR-OK: Extreme Rhetoric Can Nurture Violence (Tulsa World)
- Federal Judge Allows Tenn. Mosque Opponents to Intervene