- Register for CAIR's Banquet with Rev. Al Sharpton
- CAIR: Bush's Post-9/11 Mosque Visit a Reminder of Tolerance (NY Times)
[Bush] met for about 45 minutes with leaders of several American Muslim organizations, including Nihad Awad, executive director of [CAIR]. . ."I think in those days, so many people here and around the world watched that clip," Mr. Awad said recently. "And it should be played over and over to remind people that what made America great is respect for religious freedom and zero tolerance for hate crimes against innocent people."
- Video: Muslim Targeted by Hate Vandalism Comes Forward (CAIR-WA)
- Video: CAIR-WA News Conference Calling for Hate Crime Probe (Patch)
- CAIR: Seattle-Area Muslims Targeted by Hate Crime (KPLU)
- Video: 9 Seattle Muslims Targeted by Hate (CAIR)
- Video: Muslim Students' Car Vandalized with Slurs (CAIR-WA)
- CAIR-CA: Gov. to Sign Workplace Religious Freedom Act
CAIR-CA today announced that Governor Jerry Brown will sign the Workplace Religious Freedom Act (AB 1964) this afternoon at a unity rally.
- CAIR-OK: Muslim Voters -- Your Vote Matters
- CAIR: In LA, the Butchers are Muslim, the Customers Latino (NY Times)
Hussam Ayloush, executive director of [CAIR-LA], said Latinos and Muslims had many things in common. "And sometimes even the food tastes similar because of the many years of interaction between the Muslim Arabs from Africa and Spaniards," said Mr. Ayloush, whose Mexican-American wife converted to Islam.
- 'Did You Just Say President Obama is a Muslim?'
I asked the gathered group, some dozen Israelis ranging in age from 18 to 60, both male and female, what Obama's religion is. All agreed he is a Muslim.
Please help support CAIR's important work.