- CAIR-OK to Host Blood Drives with American Red Cross
CAIR-OK will be hosting blood drives with the American Red Cross at the Islamic Society of Greater OKC and Islamic Society of Tulsa on June 6 and June 13 respectively. This is a part of our ongoing "Oklahoma Muslims Care" campaign encouraging Oklahoma Muslims to get involved in the community, give back, and in the process help build bridges of understanding, dispel myths, and break down barriers.
June 6 event, June 13 event
- CAIR-St. Louis: Countering Human Trafficking in Response to Boko Haram
Thursday May 29th at 8 PM, Iqra Library, 517 Wiedman Road, Ballwin MO 63011
CAIR-St. Louis is partnering with the Covering House to learn about human trafficking in our city and what St. Louis Muslims can do to counter this troubling trend.
- Baltimore Jewish Times Condemns Pamela Geller's 'Ugly Muslim Bashing'
- CAIR-NTX to Partner with Dallas Muslims on Events Challenging Islamophobia
- Video: GOP Candidate Doesn't Want Muslim Money
- Muslim Immigration Officer's Bias Suit Will Proceed (Boston Globe)
- Syrian American Christian Slams Virginia Politician Over Praise for Bashar al-Assad
- CAIR: Muslim Latinos In New York Say They Are Being Followed
CAIR Action Alert:
Tonight: Urge Congress to Support Amendment Banning Government Profiling
Take action tonight, May 29, and stand with CAIR in urging your elected representative to support the Quad Caucus' amendment to prevent discriminatory profiling added to H.R. 4660, the Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act of 2015.
The Quad Caucus amendment is expected to be offered early this evening by Congressman Keith Ellison and "uses existing law to prevent the Department of Justice, FBI, and local law enforcement that receive federal funding from engaging in profiling based on race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, and sexual orientation."
With little time to spare, the House is set to vote on this amendment tonight.
Not only is profiling morally wrong, it is an unconstitutional violation of the First, Fourth, and Fourteenth Amendments. Profiling hinders counterterrorism efforts and diverts precious law enforcement resources away from investigations of individuals who have been linked to terrorist activity by specific and credible evidence.
Again, please take action now and support the Quad Caucus' amendment to prevent discriminatory profiling added to H.R. 4660.