- CAIR: 'Redskins' Name Condemned by Black, Latino, Muslim Groups (Washington Post)
Others have already voiced opposition to the team's name. This month, the nation's largest Muslim civil rights group, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, issued a statementurging Snyder to "recognize the hurt he is causing to Native Americans and the harm such stereotypical portrayals do to our nation's ideals of inclusion and respect for all citizens, regardless of their racial, ethnic or religious background."
- Greenwald: Crucial to Safeguard Civil Liberties of American Muslims
Glenn Greenwald, the civil rights attorney and journalist who helped reveal evidence that the U.S. was spying on its citizens and allies, said it's crucial to safeguard the civil liberties of American Muslims to ensure the rights of all Americans.
- Muslim Attorney Placed on Federal Watch List after Representing Student in FBI Investigation
- NYPD Forced to Produce Muslim Surveillance Records
- NY Ad Featuring Sikh Designer Vandalized with Anti-Muslim Slurs
- Muslim Benefactor Will Match Contributions to Mormon Church's Typhoon Relief
- 400 Turn Out for CAIR-Florida Banquet