- Hadith of the Day: The Keys to ParadiseThe Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) once asked his companions: "Who has fasted today?. . .Who (took part in a funeral procession) today?. . .Who fed a poor (person) today?. . .Who visited an invalid today?" He then said: "Anyone in whom (these good deeds) are combined will certainly enter Paradise."
- CAIR-LA: Are Feds Unfairly Targeting Muslim Students Who Oppose Israel? (OC Weekly)
"While the DOE should thoroughly look into civil rights complaints, these allegations cross the line between protecting civil rights and targeting certain political views," says CAIR-LA's lead staff attorney Ameena Qazi, who was featured on the cover of the Weekly's inaugural People issue earlier this year. "By not closing out these investigations, the DOE is undermining the university's responsibility to provide a safe space and equal opportunity for all students to engage in campus activism without fear of harassment or discrimination."
- CAIR-CA: Muslim Day at Capitol Promotes Local Issues (OC Register)
Recently I was given the opportunity to join over 150 American Muslims from across California to participate in "Muslim Day at the Capitol," a statewide event organized by the California offices of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR). From Anaheim to Sacramento, I traveled with more than 40 participants from CAIR's Greater Los Angeles area office.
- CAIR-FL Commends Fla. Senators Nelson, Rubio's Support for Syrian Aid
The Florida chapter of The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-FL) commends Florida Senators Bill Nelson (D) and Marco Rubio (R) for their "courageous" bipartisan support of SB 617, the 'Syria Democratic Transition Act of 2013." Florida was the only state to have both its senators act as sponsor and co-sponsor to this humanitarian aid bill.
- Oregon Mosque Arson Trial Still on Hold
The trial for a man accused of firebombing a Corvallis mosque in 2010 continues to be postponed as his defense and federal prosecutors parlay over pre-trial motions.
- Suspected Mosque Bomb Plotter to Live in VT