- CAIR Good News Alert: Va. Muslim’s No-Fly List Case Clears Legal Hurdle
On May 28, in a decision that has major implications for the government's use of the no-fly list, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals rejected government efforts to dismiss Gulet Mohamed's challenge to his placement on the list. In siding with Mohamed, the court rejected efforts to subject his claim to a standard of review designed to favor the government. The court found that no law Congress has passed "constructed an administrative process for resolving claims like Mohamed's." In so holding, the Fourth Circuit paved the way for a decision from the district court on the merits of his "challenge to past and future restrictions on his ability to travel." (Read more.)
- Video: CAIR Lawsuit Claims U.S. Muslims Detained, Asked About Religion
"There is an actual policy that's in place that instructs these border authorities and FBI agents at the borders to ask a certain set of questions," says CAIR attorney Lena Masri. . ."Which mosque do you pray at? Do you pray your morning prayer at the mosque? Who is your religious leader? Are you Sunni or are you Shia?" Masri says. "They're invasive, and they're unconstitutional."
- CAIR-MI: Judge Compares Profiling of Muslims to NYC's Stop-And-Frisk (Free Press) A federal judge in Detroit compared the alleged profiling of Muslim Americans at border crossings to claims that the New York City Police Department is targeting African Americans with its controversial stop-and-frisk program.
- Video: CAIR on CNN to Discuss Call for Probe of FBI Shooting of Unarmed Muslim
- Video: CAIR Wants Civil Rights Probe of Todashev Death (AP)
- CAIR: Muslim was Unarmed When Shot (Wash. Post)
- CAIR: Islamic Group Calls for Probe Into Fla. Shooting (Boston Globe)
- CAIR: FBI Shot 'Unarmed Chechen' They Were Questioning (AFP)
- Video: CAIR Demands Answers After Fatal FBI Shooting in Florida (CBS)
- CAIR Demands Investigation of Todashev Shooting (Orlando Weekly)
- CAIR: Boston Suspect Friend Unarmed When Killed by FBI Agent (UPI)
- CAIR-Chicago: Muslim Leaders to Urge Senator Kirk to Support Immigration Reform
CAIR-Chicago and other Muslim leaders in Chicago will hold a press conference to encourage Senator Mark Kirk and all congressional leaders who have been silent on the issue of comprehensive immigration reform to support it.
- CAIR: US, UK Muslims Share Safety Tips
- Guantanamo Guard Converts to Islam, Demands Release of Detainees (NY Daily News