- CAIR Hopes President's Words Translate into Action
CAIR said it hopes President Obama's comments in a speech on national security policy, which expressed opposition to "boundless global war" as a pillar of American foreign policy, are translated into concrete reforms. The president's speech at the National Defense University outlined his administration's views on issues that included done warfare, the Guantanamo Bay detention camp and efforts to combat violent extremism.
- CAIR: 'Hijab-Friendly' Policy Urged in U.S. Prisons
The Council on American-Islamic Relations is aiming for a uniform "hijab-friendly" policy to allow Muslim women to keep their head cover during detention and photos in all local and federal U.S. prisons. "I'm working on several pending cases in different states ... and I'm in touch with an attorney for the Department of Justice's Office of Civil Rights," Nadhira al-Khalili, legal counsel for CAIR, told Al Arabiya.
- Video: CAIR-OK Board Chair Describes Surviving Moore Tornado
- CAIR-SV: Review of 'An American Mosque' Comes Up Short (Sacramento Bee)
Surprisingly, Ortiz faults this inspiring film for not including sufficient "dissenting views" on "Muslims and the building of mosques." Are such views truly a form of dissent? After the 1999 bombings of Sacramento area synagogues, did the media need to include the "dissenting" voices of white supremacists?
- CAIR: Michigan Muslim Capitol Day Returns to Lansing
The event is organized by the Michigan Muslim Community Council and a co-sponsor is the Council on American-Islamic Relations' Michigan chapter.
- CAIR Co-Hosts Meeting of Civil, Human Rights Activists in Cleveland
The Cleveland chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-Cleveland), the Bill of Rights Defense Committee (BORDC) and the Carl Stokes Brigade, along with other groups recently convened an organizing forum for more than 30 community activists from across the greater Cleveland area.
- CAIR-Tampa: A Diversity Council Is No Place for Bigotry
- Zuhdi Jasser: The Islamophobia Industry's Favorite Muslim
Jasser is also affiliated with the American Islamic Congress – a group that has received immense funding from key members of the Islamophobia Industry -- including Sheldon Adelson, the Klarman Foundation, and the Donor's Capitol Fund. He also sits on the Clarion Fund Board of Advisors alongside Gaffney, Walid Phares (former Ariel Sharon ally) – and the man known as the "Godfather of Islamophobia in the U.S." -- Daniel Pipes.
- Geller-Spencer Allies 'English Defence League' Riot in Britain
- Profiling: The Only Unfair Thing Ever (Linda Sarsour on 'The Daily Show')
- Sources Backtrack on Whether Tamerlan's Friend Had Knife
Three law enforcement officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said initially that Todashev had lunged at the FBI agent with a knife. However, two of those officials said later in the day it was no longer clear what had happened. The third official had not received any new information.