- CAIR-MD: Don't Let Israel Discriminate Against Americans Based on Religion(Baltimore Sun)
A bill has been introduced in the U.S. Senate that would allow a foreign country, Israel, to discriminate against select groups of American citizens ... Disappointingly, the bill, S.B. 462 (also known as the U.S.-Israel Strategic Partnership Act of 2013), is co-sponsored by Maryland Sen. Ben Cardin ... It would enshrine into U.S. law a provision allowing another country to discriminate against Americans based on their ethnicity or religion. (Read more)
- 500 Turn Out for CAIR-MD Banquet
Some 500 guests turned out on Sunday for the inaugural banquet of the Maryland chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-MD) at Martin's Crosswinds in Greenbelt, Md. The banquet theme was "Upholding Our Constitution, Defending Our Faith." (Read more)
- CAIR-FL: Judge Muslims on Actions, Don't Demonize Them All (Sun-Sentinel)
We must deny those seeking religious legitimacy to support their crimes and hold individuals responsible and accountable for their actions. (Read more)
- CAIR-California: Muslim Day at the State Capitol
Today is Muslim Day at the State Capitol, organized by the Council on American-Islamic Relations. CAIR informs Capitol Alert that they'll be focusing on three specific priorities: Assemblyman Tom Ammiano's immigration bill AB 4, Ammiano's domestic workers rights bill AB 241, and a CAIR-authored resolution, currently without a carrier, that would underscore the need to protect free speech on college campuses. (Read more)
- CAIR-MI: School Board Member Removes Offensive Facebook Post
- Abe Foxman Rationalizes Blanket Spying on American Muslims
That Foxman doesn't balk at the premise of the question--politicians calling for all Muslims to be tracked--might be less galling if not for the fact that there are already programs for blanket spying on the basis of religion by the New York Police Department's Intel Division.
- Okla. FBI Searching for Mosque Vandals in Possible Hate Crime
- The Importance of Keith Ellison, a Patriotic American Who's Also a Muslim
- Fox News Host: Denouncing Violence Against Muslims 'Perceived' as Offensive
- Former Fox News Pundit: Fox Waging 'Campaign' to Link 'Radical,' 'Islam'
- Female Converts to Islam Facing Growing Scrutiny (RNS)