- CAIR-CA: Remembering the Internment of Japanese Americans
- CAIR: Florida's Latest Stab at Sharia Law Fails
- Oregon Muslim on No-Fly List Files Lawsuit Against FBI
- CAIR: Probe into Marines Urinating on Afghan Corpses Moves Forward
CAIR ACTION ALERT
Action: Join March 17 Rally in D.C. for Freedom in Syria
(WASHINGTON, D.C. 3/15/12) -- The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today called on American Muslims and all others who support freedom to join the "United We Stand for a Free Syria" rally March 17 in Washington, D.C.
The rally in front of the White House marks the first anniversary of the uprising for democracy in that nation.
WHAT: Syrian Revolution First Anniversary Commemoration
WHEN: Saturday, March 17, 2012
* Rally at Lafayette Park in front of the White House: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
* Free Syria Conference: 3:30 p.m. - 6 p.m.
* Fundraising Dinner: 7 p.m. - 11 p.m.
WHERE: Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, 2800 South Potomac Avenue, Arlington, Virginia, 22202
You can buy tickets or find more information here courtesy of the Syrian American Council.
CAIR has called for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to step down because of his regime's systematic and brutal repression of nonviolent pro-democracy protesters.
Since the beginning of the peaceful protests in Syria and throughout the Arab world, CAIR has called on the Obama administration and Congress to support those exercising their universal human right to freedom of political expression.
CAIR is America's largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.