- Video: CAIR News Update
- CAIR: Christian History Taught Before Islam in Fla. State Curriculum (News-Journal)
Hassan Shibly, executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations in Tampa, said educators would be doing a disservice to children by not teaching about the influence of all religions. He added that students are not being taught "religion as a practice, but they're learning about diversity of cultures." "Ignorance is our worst enemy," he said, adding several protesters asked him last week about Islam. "(The protesters) themselves would benefit the most from reading that chapter."
- CAIR: Donated Quran Helps Understanding Other Cultures at New Hampshire High School
It's easy enough to admit that there are places much more diverse than Hollis Brookline High School, and that HB students rarely get a thorough immersion in other cultures. One program that strives to increase an understanding of other cultures is the Council on American-Islamic Relations, or CAIR, which focuses on educating the general American public on different aspects of Islam. In its efforts to increase the understanding of the message of Islam, CAIR has donated an annotated copy of the Quran to the HB library as an educational resource.
- CAIR: 'FBI' Scammers Targeting Oklahoma Muslim Community (Tulsa World)
Three Oklahoma Muslims have been targeted in what appears to be a phone scam, said Adam Soltani, executive director of the Oklahoma office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations. The three, all immigrants who live in the Oklahoma City area, received calls Thursday or Friday from someone claiming to be with the "Federal Bureau of Criminal Investigation," Soltani said, an apparent attempt to convey that they were with the FBI.
- CAIR Community Alert: Beware of Callers Impersonating Government Agents
- CAIR: Let Women Drive in Saudi Arabia
"Even the Saudis will tell you it's not an Islamic thing, it's a Saudi thing," said Ibrahim Hooper of the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations. "But this driving issue gets lumped into a mass of information that Muslim-bashers keep repeating.
- CAIR-OH: DHL Will Examine Firing of Muslim Workers at Hebron Mail Facility(Enquirer)
Attorneys with the Cincinnati office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) have filed complaints on behalf of the workers, who say they were fired Oct. 9 from the Hebron, Ky., mail-sorting warehouse.
- Donors Join Heartsong Church, Islamic Center in Memphis in Support for Shared Park (Commercial Appeal)
In Cordova, across-the-street neighbors Heartsong Church and the Memphis Islamic Center hope to build a joint Friendship Park, and organizers say new donors are making their work easier.
- Evicted Mosque's Iman Having Hard Time Finding New Home in Harlem Neighborhood (NY Daily News)
- Connecticut's First Muslim Mayor