- CAIR: Hearing Today on Va. Muslim's No-Fly List Case
There was a court hearing this morning in Virginia on whether Gulet Mohamed's lawsuit challenging his placement on the no-fly list will go forward. The hearing before Judge Trenga was to determine how the trial court proceeds in light of a recent decision in Mohamed's favor. Mohamed is represented in the lawsuit by CAIR. CONTACT: CAIR Staff Attorney Gadeir Abbas, 202-742-6410, 720-251-0425, E-mail: email@example.com
- CAIR Director Named to List of World's 500 Most Influential Muslims
Nihad Awad is the co-founder and Executive Director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR). CAIR is the most prominent Muslim lobby group in the US and is frequently sought out by the media and politicians for the Islamic perspective on events.
- CAIR-FL Challenges 'Intolerant' Attack on Textbook Teaching About Islam (Video)
- Video: Virginia Muslim Cabbie Outraged at Dismissal of Hate Attack Charges (CAIR)
- Backgrounder: CAIR to Seek DOJ Action for Attack on Muslim Taxi Driver
- CAIR-TX Rep Comments on Controversial Billboard Depicting Muslim Couple (Video)
"We're always in promotion of anything that promotes dialogue of race, religion, things like that. Things that get people talking," she said. "And the juxtaposition of these particular people was something that got a lot of conversations started, and I do hope for that in the future."
- AR: Muslim Inmate Given Injunction to Grow Beard
A Muslim man must be allowed to grow a beard while he petitions the Supreme Court over prison grooming policies, the justices said.