Monday, November 29, 2010

I have been noticing generational differences between myself and my children lately. Now don’t get me wrong I do realize that there will be difference always between generations new music, new books but these recent ones stood out to me. My 14 year old son asked me what was inside the cassette and when I replied “tape”. He looked at me and replied with a can’t fool me look on his face, “no it isn't, tape is sticky”

The other one was a conversation about calling friends where my fourteen year old realized in horror that I had had to call my friends house to get in touch with them. He found it downright comical that we would have to call several homes if we were trying to track some one down.

now don't get me wrong i have had my own fun, like watching them struggle with a rotary phone. that was hilarious.

My children also find it odd that there was a time without the internet. which i suspect they don't actually believe.

course i have my youngest who will turn two soon and i wonder what he will find different and strange when the old people(me and my friends) get together and talk.

No comments: