Wednesday, November 17, 2010

HADITH OF THE DAY: THE DAY OF ARAFAH - TOP

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "When the Day of Arafah comes, God (says to the angels), 'Look at my servants who have come to Me disheveled, dusty and crying out from every deep valley. I call you to witness that I have forgiven them.' The angels say: 'My Lord, so and so was suspected of sin, also so and so and such and such a woman.' The Prophet said that God replied: 'I have forgiven them (all).'"

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 817

The Prophet also said: "There is no day in which God sets free more servants from Hell than on the Day of Arafah."

Sahih Muslim, Hadith 650

NOTE: The "Day of Arafah" falls on the 9th day of the Islamic lunar month of Dhul-Hijjah (November 15). Arafah is the plain near the city of Mecca. On this day, the climax of the Hajj season, pilgrims assemble on the plain for supplication to God.

No comments: