- Hadith of the Day: Birds of Paradise
A man came to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) saying two of his children had died, and asked whether the Prophet could tell him anything that would soothe his heart. The Prophet said: "Small children are the birds of Paradise. If one of them meets his father (or his parents) he will take hold of his clothing ... And he (the child) will not let go until God causes his father to enter Paradise." Sahih Muslim
- CAIR: CA Muslims Join with Japanese American Group to Educate, Empower Youth
The Japanese American Citizens League (JACL), in collaboration with the San Francisco Bay Area Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) and the Tule Lake Committee, will be sponsoring a program whose goal is to bridge communities and build partnerships of understanding.
- CAIR-WA: 2013 Washington State Muslim Lobby Day
- CAIR-MI: Role of Religion in the Public Square (Video)
- Colorado Combats Anti-Muslim Ads with 'Love Thy Neighbor' Campaign
- DC: From Slave Ship to Harvard: Yarrow Mamout and the History of an African American Family
Join author James H. Johnston as he discusses the true story of an educated, enslaved, African Muslim, whose portrait was painted by Charles Willson Peale. Johnston traces Yarrow's life and descendants from colonial America through the Civil War to today.
- MN: Nigerian Muslims Gather for Annual Conference
Minneapolis is the host city for this year's National Council of Nigerian Muslim Organizations annual conference. Each year it brings together hundreds, and sometimes thousands, of people to worship, learn and celebrate their heritage.